Attractive + Benefits
11 months ago
Production Engineer – West Midlands
Permanent – Aerospace Precision Manufacturing
A Production Engineer is required to join and Innovative Aerospace manufacturing facility on a Permanent Basis. The successful Production Engineer will join the Production Department and report directly to the Operations Manager.
The Production Engineer will be using and developing CNC program writing tools/software to provide the production machines with programs to enable the smooth running of the machines.
Responsibilities and Experience Required of the Production Engineer
- Design and procure relevant machine tool fixtures
- Identify and manage tooling requirements to achieve best machining practice
- Identify and Support manufacturing improvements/efficiencies
- Reduce manufacturing costs using lean methodology
- Support New Product Introduction prototype development actions as required
- Working with existing processes to provide the Planning dept with accurate details of manufacture i.e. manufacturing routing and timing accuracy.
Qualifications & Requirements of the Production Engineer
- Understanding of Edgecam and CAD systems desirable but not essential
- HNC / City Guilds / degree or time served apprentice in an engineering related subject
- Significant previous experience of engineering/manufacturing
- A precision manufacturing background is essential
- Excellent proven work experience in process engineering
- Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing systems, machining, assembly and test
- Proven ability with problem solving tools and techniques
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and NC code
Security Clearance may be required due to the nature of the Products being Manufactured
If you are interested in this Production Engineer position, then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line 01384 446102.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.