Due to a recent program of investment and growth, our client are looking for a Production Engineer to join them in an exciting new chapter in the development of their automatic changeover switchgear product line.
The Production Engineer will need to have specialised in small component assembly to provide essential help and support to our manufacturing team and have the confidence to discuss and review improvements with our Quality Assurance & Design Engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of work handling jigs and fixtures with knowledge of best practices in assembly, 3D CAD capability would be an advantage to share and discuss with operatives and other engineers.
This job is well suited to someone who is hard working, with excellent time management teams, with the ability to work alone or in a team environment.
What you will do:
- Support the implementation of new products into manufacturing, attending design reviews and risk analysis reviews.
- Support assembly operatives to identify quickly the root cause to an assembly issue and contact the relevant team to action and rectify.
- Implement work handling jigs and fixtures and be aware of routine maintenance procedures.
- Liaise with other departments to formulate objectives and implement best practices in assembly.
- Working with the rest of the supervisory team, and management teams to suggest and implement ideas for improvement including production methods design and productivity gains
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Evaluating the needs and requirements for new products or processes.
- Proven experience of manufacturing re-design including application of LEAN manufacturing techniques
- Monitor and control production processes and management of jigs/fixtures and any other manufacturing tooling required
What you need:
- Technical apprenticeship served.
- Extensive experience of working in a small component assembly manufacturing environment is essential
- An organised approach to work with good time management skills and hands on approach
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies would be desirable
- Strong communicator who can adapt their style to suit various environments.
- Computer literate and experience of mainframe production scheduling systems and spreadsheets.
- An understanding of engineered applications with the ability to generate and read drawings
For more information or to apply, please send your CV today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.