- Sector: Rail
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Gemma Skidmore
- Contact Email: Gemma.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446121
- Expiry Date: 10 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59427
Production Design Engineer
£30-36k plus bonus and benefits
We are recruiting for a Production Design Engineer or Technician for a global Company who design, manufacture and assemble for the rail infrasturure sector.
The objective of the role once trained is to efficiently engineer safe, accurate and complete manufacturing instructions and technical drawings.
Job duties (Responsibilities and Accountabilities):
- Work to understand departmental systems and develop an ability to identify areas for improvement.
- Work to understand manufacturing costs and process times.
- Assist in the drafting of standard detail drawings.
- Role primarily office based, but with shop floor support (factory and assembly yard) as and when required.
- Produce 1:50 layout drawings using 2D CAD. This includes communication with internal and external teams to clarify requirements.
- Generate bills of materials on AX.
- Produce detailed manufacturing instructions (2D CAD drawings, work instructions and some NC information).
- Work to understand production routes.
- Assist with the resolution of production related problems.
- Assist in the implementation of new products.
Skills and Experience required:
- BTEC level 4/5 HNC/D in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience working in an engineering office.
- Basic CAD Experience, knowledge of cast steel or cast iron is an ideal.
- Basic understanding of Bill of Materials.
- Good Knowledge of MS Windows and programs such as MS Excel.
- A good understanding of technical drawings.
Excellent progression opportunities exist for an Engineer who wants to grow within the business.
Working office hours are 8:30 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 8:30 – 15:45 Friday. However there is a flexible time working policy in place for the office staff.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about this role, please contact Gemma Skidmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.