Coventry, West Midlands
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Production/Cost Engineer to be based on site in Coventry. This role is within a highly successful and busy manufacturing/engineering company, supplying machined and cast-iron products into different industries. The role will provide cost estimates / comparison costs for the value of designed components that are provided by the manufacturing plant. Candidates with an engineering background in machining and tooling will be well received.
As a Production/Cost Engineer, you will be required to:
- Gather proposals, specifications and related documents and liaise with stakeholders in order to convert specifications to cost estimates for new and current products
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labour expenses
- Consult with technical experts to discuss estimates and resolve issues
- Read technical drawings and other documents in order to prepare quotes
- Support engineering team in cost saving ideas in conjunction with Design Engineers and Quality Engineers.
The Production/Cost Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice
- Commercially focused
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Pricing focused skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer interface skills
- Manufacturing and Design Engineering skills
- Knowledge of how to read technical drawings
- Knowledge of how to read and use engineering specifications
- Labour time understanding
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of costing and general engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production/Cost Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .