Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Production Controller
Permanent Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Controller to work for our client at their site in Stoke-on-Trent.
- This is a pivotal role responsible for the effective control, planning and scheduling of production activities, in order to optimize manufacturing capacity and load, to meet business priorities.
- This role reports into the Head of Manufacturing and will require strong cross functional working with the Quality, Procurement and Engineering, to ensure compliance with Customer requirements.
- Plan machinery, material and manpower needs to effectively integrate production programme requirements and support the preparation of a robust Master Production Schedule.
- Determining the routing of materials through the manufacturing cycle, identifying machining requirements and sequencing of operations, together with associated start / finish times. Issue and coordinate the associated Works Orders.
- Working closely with Procurement to ensure the optimisation of raw material stock holdings, taking into consideration lead times and capacity planning.
- Ensure the upkeep of an effective material storage area, ensuring material traceability and stock holding records are effectively maintained.
- Coordinate the allocation of materials for product manufacturing and the kitting of parts to support product fabrication / assembly.
- On a regular basis review and submit the key performance indicators e.g. On time delivery, Actual v planned costs, related to the work preparation scheduling and execution.
- Updating EFACS (Enterprise Resource System) to ensure the timely input of production control data associated with resource utilization, manufacturing time scales and costs.
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives to increase efficiencies and reduce manufacturing costs / time scales.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Production planning/scheduling experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with MRP systems
- IT Microsoft Office proficient
- Skills / Attributes
- The ability to communicate well with people at all levels.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Appreciation of manufacturing techniques
- Flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to initiate changes and improvements to the planning process
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.