Production Controller - Permanent - Aerospace
South Yorkshire - Attractive
An Opportunity has arisen for a Production Controller to join a leading Aerospace Manufacturing company within the Sheffield area and will report to the Planning Manager.
The successful Production Controller will create and execute production plans and will be supporting customer requirements in line with the master production schedule. The Production Controller will plan and engage with shop floor resources to ensure adherence to production plan.
Duties for the Production Controller
- Responsible for schedule of works order operations in allocated Business Unit.
- Ensure requirements from other Business Units are fully understood.
- You must also be able to help the company develop.
- Improve new analytical routines which manage resource requirements.
- Work alongside the Planning & Operations team.
- Responsible for the execution of the manufacturing plan for your Business Unit.
- Ensure plans are monitored, communicated and expedited daily.
- Ensure deviations are recognised and recovery plans are developed.
- Ensure slow moving WIP is correctly defined.
- Actively work to maintain and generation of production plans.
- Be an effective communicator.
Additional Knowledge and Skills Required for the Production Controller
- Experience in a Production / Part control environment.
- Computer literacy with an intermediate understanding of Excel.
- Demonstrate ability to schedule and organise complex value streams.
- Demonstrate a good level of numeracy / literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Demonstrate previous experience of executing key metrics.
- Able to demonstrate previous control of Parts / components.
- Able to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Understanding process and production planning principles.
- Assertive, dynamic and positive attitude.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Production Controller, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV's to