£35k - 38k per year
Job Title – Production Buyer
£ 35,000 p.a. - £ 38,000 p.a. + 25 days Holiday + pension + early finish Friday
Are you a Buyer interested in working for a world class manufacturer? We are looking for a Production Buyer with a few years experience in a production/manufacturing environment. If this sounds like you continue reading..
As a Production Buyer your day to day responsibilities will consist of;
- Developing and Implementing the Business commodity strategy and monitor the progress to ensure cost down targets are achieved
- Ensuring the time-bound target for New projects are met, coordinating with internal colleagues and suppliers
- Developing and issuing Request for quotation and make detailed evaluations of quotations from suppliers
- Identifying the areas of non-compliance between submitted quotations and drawings/specifications
- Reviewing engineering drawings to closely monitor any design changes and ensure that suppliers are fully aware of these changes in time and log/record all cost implications where applicable.
- Managing project processes including Production part approval process, delivery of trial parts, packing approval, ramp-up stock levels and hand-over
- Negotiating internally and with suppliers on contractual agreements ( Quality, Cost, delivery agreement) to improve profitability
- Relationship building with current and potential suppliers in the interest of commercially competitive business partnerships, including visiting suppliers
- Monitoring and assessing any commercial risks to existing suppliers and sub-suppliers
- Communicating the progress of projects on a weekly basis and identify & assess the commercial supply risk with possible solution/countermeasure.
- Leading and manging the activity with another production site abroad including sharing cost reduction opportunities
An exciting opportunity for a Production Buyer with the following;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Production/Manufacturing environment
- Ideally able to read technical drawings or data.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong excel skills
- Ideally degree qualified (Business or Engineering degree or equivalent)
If you are a Production Buyer with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Buyer, please contact Matthew Taylor at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947943994.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.