- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Matthew Taylor
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 07947 343994
- Expiry Date: 12 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61219
Job Title – Electronics Production Buyer
£ 40,000 p.a. + 25 days Holiday + pension + early finish Friday
Are you a Buyer interested in working for a world class manufacturer? We are looking for a Production Buyer with experience in a production/manufacturing environment procuring electronic components. If this sounds like you continue reading..
As an Electronics Production Buyer your day to day responsibilities will consist of;
- Developing and Implementing the Business commodity strategy and monitor the progress to ensure cost down targets are achieved
- Ensuring the time-bound target for New projects are met, coordinating with internal colleagues and suppliers
- Developing and issuing Request for quotation and make detailed evaluations of quotations from suppliers
- Identifying the areas of non-compliance between submitted quotations and drawings/specifications
- Reviewing engineering drawings to closely monitor any design changes and ensure that suppliers are fully aware of these changes in time and log/record all cost implications where applicable.
- Managing project processes including Production part approval process, delivery of trial parts, packing approval, ramp-up stock levels and hand-over
- Negotiating internally and with suppliers on contractual agreements ( Quality, Cost, delivery agreement) to improve profitability
- Relationship building with current and potential suppliers in the interest of commercially competitive business partnerships, including visiting suppliers
- Monitoring and assessing any commercial risks to existing suppliers and sub-suppliers
- Communicating the progress of projects on a weekly basis and identify & assess the commercial supply risk with possible solution/countermeasure.
- Leading and manging the activity with another production site abroad including sharing cost reduction opportunities
An exciting opportunity for an Electronics Production Buyer with the following;
- Experience in electronics procurement within a manufacturing/production environment
- Ideally able to read technical/ electrical drawings.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong excel skills
- Fully or Part CIPS qualified advantageous
If you are an Electronics Production Buyer with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Buyer role, please contact Matthew Taylor at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947943994.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.