Competitive Salary with excellent benefits
01384 446 174
10 months ago
Product Support Specialist
Excellent salary and very good benefits package including pension, bonus, private medical plus 25 days holiday.
This organisation is a very well respected and true market leader in is field. They are a specialist manufacturer of equipment which is used in multiple industries and sectors. This is a pivotal role in supporting efficient customer operating environments with their use of automation software, thereby enabling consumer security and safety.
As Product Support Specialist you will provide technical support to end users and distributors for their software-based products.
You will assist in the training of colleagues and customers to improve their capability in addressing issues and supporting their own customer enquiries. Provide Tier1 and 2 escalation support for issues related to a specialist product groups.
You will also form good working relationships with field support teams and acts an interface between site teams and software development teams.
As Product Support Specialist you will:
• Provide technical support of new and existing product ranges.
• Train end customers and distributors to provide improved support for our software products.
• Support new users during and after roll-out of new product range.
• Continuing support of existing product range producing tracking documentation.
• Primary contact of escalated issues covering a specialist product.
• Work closely with colleagues to recognise potential issues and initiate a plan to manage.
• To managed issues escalated into other teams e.g. Product Support Group and R&D
• Identify and new trends and determine issues for resolution/escalation
As this position deals with numerous internal and external stakeholders, you will have excellent listening and verbal skills, show a good deal of empathy and support to end users and customers.
We are ideally looking for candidates who have HNC or equivalent experience in engineering or similar discipline, training in project management is desirable
Technical knowledge and experience will include:
- Integration of factory automation solutions (software and capital equipment) into production line environments
- Product knowledge and issue diagnosis of automation software
- Communications and networking (RS232, RS485, TCP/IP etc)
- Barcoding and scanning
- Log file extraction and analysis
- Working knowledge of control systems, application software, network topology and enterprise systems
- I/O control to and from control systems (OPC)
- Data exchange from remote data services
- Software – installation, operation and training
- Knowledge of software protocols and tools
- Software Scripting Capability, Lua, Java C#. PLC programming
- PC / IT knowledge including registry and network configuration
- Server installation and configuration
- VPN and remote support tools
- Database knowledge and ability to write SQL queries is desirable
We are seeking candidates who having the following knowledge:
• Customer focus
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
• Knowledge of MS Office, databases and CRM tools
• The ability to take the initiative in a confident and personable manner
• Enthusiasm and drive with the desire to broaden knowledge and experience
• Ability to prioritise and manage own time, sometimes with minimal supervision
• Good organisational skills
This is an excellent role for candidates who want to work with a leading-edge manufacturing organisation, that is embracing Industry 4.0 and automated, remote equipment. The position will offer very strong career progression for the right candidates. If you feel you can add value to the role, please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.