Job Title: Product Supply - New Product Introduction (NPI) Leader
Salary: £44,000 - £52,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Bonus, Private Medical - employee only (family can be added), Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking
Location: Desford, Leicestershire
Travel: up to 10% to include Global
Job Reference: 18000CGX
As a Product Support Supply New Product Introduction Leader (NPI Leader) you will representative the Purchasing team within the Prime Product/Component Group's NPI core team.
You will plan, coordinate, govern and report Purchasing team participation in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process. This includes target validation and governance to meet
all program gateway commitments.
- Represent the Purchasing team within the Core NPI teams, ensure NPI conformance on all procurement issues, including target setting and adherence to project plan.
- Accountable for understanding product & component strategies, purchasing category strategies, corporate NPI process, and the business processes necessary to deliver all purchasing gateway commitments, ensuring risks to program are proactively identified and managed in a timely and effective manner
- Ensures active purchasing participation throughout the design process / stages of NPI (Strategy Phase, Concept Phase, Development Phase, Pilot Phase, and Production Phase).
- Coordination of APQP process for high risk components / sources, along with management of PPAP process and conformance for all purchased components.
- Plans and manages the workload of self and others, including preparation and management of NPI project plans, along with reporting conformance at several levels within organisation
- Provide leadership in resolution of quality problems associated with purchased materials at each stage of NPI programs
- Lead procurement activity for material to support all Test bed and Prototype build phases
- Assist the product group in managing procurement related capital.
- The PSNL works with Product & Component Groups to develop and implement Cost, Quality, and Response Time targets for system teams, and monitors and provides upward and lateral feedback on performance to these targets
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Experienced in leading teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions.
- Experience of APQP, PPAP, and problem-solving tools (8D / 5 WHY) essential
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions.
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skill.
- Effective communicator at all levels, in written and oral form. Fluent in the English
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Degree in Engineering / Manufacturing
- Experience is preferred in procurement, quality, manufacturing, and/or engineering.
- Category team or product team experience.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.