£20 - 24 per hour
4 months ago
Product Service Engineer
Up to £24.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Off Highway - Machines
In this role you will provide support services which include investigating, troubleshooting, and diagnosing application and technical problems, followed up with restoration of service through corrective actions and permanent resolutions. This includes software and on-board hardware.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Machine and Technology hardware and software issue identification and resolution for dealers and customers.
- Implementation and utilization of standard support processes to respond, restore, and resolve issues. Advocate on behalf of the dealer and customer to resolve technical product issues with product development engineering.
- Participate in New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
- Provide hands-on product expertise to complete problem analysis and provide ICA. Escalate top priority issues to team lead. Process CPI / DSN tickets to responsible parties. Communicate with dealers regarding status, problem troubleshooting, etc. Report issues within the CPI (product defect) process to assure proper resolution to ongoing issues.
- Create and maintain a support environment that facilitates issue diagnostics and customer connectivity. Create and report product improvement ideas including functional enhancements and supportability improvements.
- Product Service Engineers are responsible for resolving a high percentage of application issues, and prompt escalation to advanced engineering specialists when a quick resolution cannot be obtained.
- Support CPI project documentation and publication
- Support DSN for legacy products
- Parts tech support
Typical Work of the day:
- Answer dealer's inquiry from Dealer Support System, emails, and phone calls.
- Work with engineer to resolve issues, including restoring machines to operation urgently.
- Use CPI process to publish technical document timely.
- Investigate issue on Mini hydraulic excavators and small track type tractors
- Investigate parts usage and storage requests to fulfill field inquiry.
Education : Bachelor degree on engineering, electrical engineering is a plus.
Critical Technical Skills : Understand hydraulic and electronics system.
Soft Skills required: Communication, team spirit, accountable, and presentation skills.
Additional information: Availability and desire to travel domestically and/or internationally on assignment at dealer locations and mine sites
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.