Position - Product Manager (Software/Applications/manufacturing)
Location - Based at Worcester, travel expected across Europe
Salary - £45,000 - £55,000 depending on technical experience
Knowledge - You should have a good understanding of some of the following areas: PLM (Product Life cycle Management), MES (Manufacturing Engineering Systems), SCADA, Big Data/Data Analytics, knowledge of advanced production systems and monitoring systems, Industry 4.0/4IR, Smart factories, Inter-connected machinery/capital equipment.
We have an exciting new requirement for a Product Manager to join our global business. We are a renowned leader in Manufacturing Systems, having been a pioneer in Flexible Manufacturing Systems and also advanced monitoring of production systems. These technologies have not only been used in our own production facilities but have been developed for use by our customers globally.
The Smart Factory concept was a forerunner of today's smart factory developments that take advantage of new sensors, data communications, wireless technology and cloud based data analytics for improved productivity.
As Product Manager you will support the commercial activities and implementation of our own smart factory products and concepts across Europe.
Responsibilities for the Product Manager:
- Promotion of products related to Industry 4.0 solutions both internally to engineers and externally to customers.
- Consulting customers for achieving their Industry 4.0 solution with our products.
- A certain level of knowledge about network systems will be required.
- Sales Training and education about Industry 4.0 solutions to our/customer sales team across Europe.
- Competitor analysis about Industry 4.0 related products.
- Marketing activity, including market research, to propose new product / technology development related to Industry 4.0.
- To support the development of a marketing communications plan to promote our unique capabilities across Europe
Key skills/experience required for the Product Manager:
- You should have a degree level technical education or equivalent industry/technology experience.
- Have some previous experience of industrial software applications (e.g. CAD/CAM, shop floor monitoring).
- A technical understanding of networked systems.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable and you will be required to demonstrate an understanding how the latest IoT/ Industry 4.0 will provide opportunities for manufacturers to improve productivity.
To apply for the Product Manager vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.