£45k - 55k per year + Excellent benefits package
01384 446 174
6 months ago
FMCG Capital Equipment manufacturer
£45,000 - £55,000
25 days + 8 bank holidays, a contributory pension, health cash plan, cycle to work, free parking on site and life assurance.
This global manufacturer of specialist equipment primarily used in food production is currently looking to recruit a Product Manager -specifically for their X-Ray equipment to join the Product Marketing team in Birmingham.
As Product Manager you will be expected to:
To develop and manage the X-ray Inspection systems product portfolio with a view to growing both revenue and contribution from the product group in line with business targets and goals. The initial remit for the role is to manage the X-ray product range.
- Analysing the market and understanding customer problems and opportunities for product range development
- Complete regular reviews of the competitive landscape ensuring that any development and/or tactical activities are responded to in an appropriate fashion
- Analyse the market to understand both the Total Available Market and Serviceable Available Market and our market share within this.
- Monitor the product range financial and operational performance, ensuring that any deviation from target is addressed in a prompt fashion.
- Develop business cases for any new project proposals in the business, indicating both product position and financial return on investment
- Develop and maintain a price positioning strategy for the product range
- Develop and maintain product roadmaps for all products which provides at least a five-year horizon, indicating product introductions and cessations.
- Work with the Business Manager to develop business plans which clearly indicate, sales targets, product introductions, pricing, and promotional activity.
- To develop detailed market requirement documents that can drive development activity on a new project.
- To work with the development team throughout the development process, ensuring that there is clarity on the user personas and release milestones required.
- To work with the Marketing team to develop marketing plans around the product range which clearly indicate the marketing communications schedule targeted at driving opportunity generation.
- To develop and manage product launch plans and schedules within the business
- To assist and monitor the development of marketing collateral around the product range, which will include, PR, social media, articles, brochures, data sheets and website input.
- To develop sales enablement tools for the product range that assist the sales channels in pushing them effectively in the market
- To champion the product range within the business and act as a technical focal point supporting both external and internal customers in addressing any product range enquiries.
What skills are we looking for?
You will have experience as a Product Manager within B2B capital equipment environment, have an Engineering qualification and a good understanding of modern marketing tools. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to interpret technical information such as electrics or mechanics. It is essential to be an innovate thinker, solution focused and have experience of supporting key stakeholders/departments on product launches and product upgrades.
Ideally you will have personal integrity, be self-motivated, pro-active and to be a team player. You will need to be flexible, adaptable and have the willingness to travel.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Technical Product Manager with sound business to business marketing, you will understand the capital equipment market, within the FMCG and Food processing markets.
If you feel you can add value to the position, then please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.