Product Engineer - Warwick - Auto - £Comp
Are you a Product Engineer with experience of product definition, validation and delivery within an interior and/or exterior trim environment?
As a Product Engineer, you will have primary responsibility to the Project and Functional Teams to assure the support, development and delivery of product evolution programs.
The Product Engineer will be responsible for:
- Coordinates and follows product engineering responsibilities from design concept, through prototype build, pilot, production, and life of the program.
- Provide feasibility input to support Studio Design, Package Requirements & Design Reviews.
- Work with advance engineering, styling and the company's technical centre on development of the Concept and feasibility of components and vehicle level integration.
- Work with, and direct the CAD team to ensure all engineering parameters and customer requirements are being fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Develop the DFMEA, DFM and other engineering disciplines if specified by the customer.
- Organise and develop Design concepts, product architecture and set internal Engineering specifications.
- Prepare preliminary detail drawings, with assistance of CAD design group
- Prepare layouts/detail drawings for review and release, with assistance of CAD design group
- Develop DVP&R, obtaining customer approval, and initiating all laboratory and virtual tests.
- Ensure that the product design complies with all product requirements and any international Legal standards when applicable.
- Ensure that the product meets all engineering objectives and targets for weight, acoustics, water sealing, cost, service etc.
- Works with build coordination and technology group (process) engineer to direct design verification build and prototype build and record all design problems.
- Responsible for Design Verification and Product Validation of the project, through liaison with the test lab and quality departments.
- Interfaces with the customer to ensure all engineering needs and requirements are being met.
- Coordinates engineering changes through the customers and internal systems during the Development Phase.
- Support launch at the customer assembly plants.
Applications are welcomed from qualified individuals who have previous experience of automotive Product Engineering within an interior, exterior and/or plastics arena.
For more information contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or email an up to date resume