Product Engineer - Fluid Transfer
Leamington Spa / Home Working
A Product Engineer is required to co-ordinate and control projects from concept to post-production launch of new and modified fluid transfer components ensuring delivery to timing deadlines, cost, and quality. Candidates with experience of component / product launch for an OEM with either a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Supplier would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a leading global supplier of fluid transfer solutions, based in Leamington Spa, requires a proactive Product Engineer to manage the introduction of new Fluid Transfer components into customer programmes. As a Product Engineer you will be required to:
- Plan project requirements and resources, including the sourcing of subcontract elements
- React promptly and effectively to changing client and product needs
- Anticipate any potential project risks, identifying and establishing corrective actions
- Participate in Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEAs), Quality history reviews, robustness studies, etc.
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) processes
- Track tasks against the project timing plan
- Manage the project within budget
- Prepare and assist with design verification and sign off reporting
- Accurately cost any changes in specifications
The Product Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering or technological discipline
- Good understanding of engineering principles
- Knowledge of Fluid Transfer components desirable
- Project Engineering/Project Management experience
- Advanced Microsoft including MS Project and Excel
- Experience in Bill of Material (BOM) structures
This is an excellent contract opportunity for anyone with product development experience within an automotive environment. In return for your experience, this Leamington Spa based company will offer:
- Outside IR35
- Home working with site visits when appropriate
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Product Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Product Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.