JOB CATEGORY: ENGINEERING
Our Client is a leader in acousto-optics, electro-optics, fiber optics and driver electronics. Based at their manufacturing facility in Somerset, the Product Engineer will support Acousto-Optics (AO) variant development.
- Support the development of the Product, Engineering & Technology team to produce high quality, cost effective solutions meeting customer and legislative requirements, and be able to apply engineering knowledge and principles to devise innovative solutions within manufacturing location capabilities
- Ensure deliveries of conceptual design, layout, prototyping, bill of materials, mechanical and optical piece part drawings, assembly drawings to BS8888 and BS ISO 10110
- Present project risks and solutions early within the RFQ/ RFP or product life cycle so allowing the business opportunity to respond
- Support Design Reviews at key product development stages
- Maintaining of Routings and BOMs as requested
- Support for Product Managers in the translation of AO customer needs into the manufacturing centres. Evaluate and deliver cost effective solutions which meet both the customer requirements and process capabilities and cost targets of the manufacturing location.
- Lead technical investigations into customer RMAS, or process improvement plans.
- Develop key networks with internal departments, customers, suppliers and other third-party service providers
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support both to the customer and the business and their suppliers
- Support the identification of current and future sales opportunities within the product sector
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant degree (Optics, Mech. Elect, Physics) or working Experience matching expectations of role
- Experience of managing / working within multidiscipline teams within a NPI environment
- Results orientated
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Flexible approach to working to meet project deadlines
- Proven capability to learn and implement new skills and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3D design, modelling and 2D drawing creation
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience working within medium volume manufacturing (Aerospace, Defence, Industrial and life science sectors within AS9100 or Equivalent business management systems)
If you have experience within NPI and are a results-oriented Engineer who enjoys working with both multidisciplinary teams and Clients, please apply now. Alternatively please get in touch with Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.