almost 2 years ago
Product Engineer - Permanent - Aerospace Manufacturing
A Product Engineer is required to join and Innovative Aerospace Manufacturing facility on a Permanent Basis. The successful Product Engineer will join the Product Engineering department and report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
The Product Engineer will plan, provide information and advice to produce manufacturing documentation including FAI Reports, drawings and route cards as well as providing support to the production and quality teams.
Responsibilities of the Product Engineer
- Conduct Contract Reviews on new customer orders
- Manage the introduction of new products (NPI)
- Create and maintain First Article Inspection Reports
- Input details onto MRP system
- Create and maintain Manufacturing Stage Drawings and Product Overlays
- Review updated customer standards and specifications and implement changes to internal documentation (procedures, routes, drawings, etc.)
- Work with the quality team to address product quality issues including non-conformance, customer claims, etc.)
Qualifications & Requirements of the Product Engineer
- Significant experience within a similar role, preferably from an aerospace background.
- HNC/BTEC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience in Route Planning for manufacture is essential.
- The employee should be process driven and able to problem solve.
- Ability to understand technical operations and processes.
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A good understanding of engineering drawings and technical specifications.
Security Clearance may be required due to the nature of the products being manufactured
If you are interested in this Product Engineer position, please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.