Product Development Team Leader
£Competitive plus benefits
A Product Development Team Leader is required to lead the development of core commercial vehicle safety and efficiency product range. Candidates with experience of electronics and mechanical product development would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a founder and innovator of sensing and monitoring systems, based in Dartford, requires a proactive Product Development Team Leader to lead a team of Engineers and will be predominantly working at product level, needing a good understanding of requirements, development & capture, electronic & mechanical architecture and design, software & hardware interaction, product verification and validation. As a Product Development Team Leader you will be required to:
- Manage and lead a PD team and support various tasks in the PD section
- Support research and development of innovative technologies and products
- Requirements and engineering specification creation
- Review and approval of technical documentation
- Supplier acquisition, liaison and management and negotiation improving profitability
- Lead product verification and validation
- Product quality improvements and upgrades providing cost savings and implementing Total Quality Cost Management where applicable
- Product technical support primarily to Engineering colleagues and internal customers
- Preparation of detailed electronic schematics and component technical drawings
- Mechanical interface and design
The Product Development Team Leader should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in electronics product development or similar
- Extensive knowledge of analogue and digital electronics including micro processing, DSP, video signal processing
- Knowledge of camera, optics, acoustics, LCD's and digital recording technology's
- Knowledgeable of modern automotive electronic architecture, multiplex communication protocols and systems
- Genuine interest in modern technology preferably with in the automotive industry
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a genuine interest in modern technology, preferably with in the automotive industry, to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Dartford based company will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Product Development Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Product Development Team Leader role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.