Job Title: Product Development Materials Scientist
We are currently recruiting for a Product/Process Development Scientist to support a specialist company in the launch of a new brand that specialise in Ceramics, Composites and Fibres for the Defence, Aerospace, Automotive & Medical Industries.
The Product/Process Development Scientist will have experience in a range of materials, and knowledge to support in innovation and production of a variety of products.
Ideally the candidate will be suitably qualified and experienced in Material Research/ Materials Science and Engineering or Industrial Design.
Responsibilities of the Product Development Scientist will include the following:
- Develop products and establish product design based on the ceramics, composites and fibres.
- Material sourcing – identify new supply chain in ceramic and composite materials.
- Conduct test protocols and procedures and product evaluation.
- Write technical reports and cost estimates, documenting development work.
- Oversee the integration of new products with other commercial areas, including brand development, sales strategy, quality assurance, legal, marketing and manufacturing.
- Plan, carry out and supervise process trials in laboratories.
- Devise test methods to assess the production process.
- Develop formulae, specifications and label declarations, and ensure compliance with the finished product specifications.
The Product Development Scientist should have the following skills or experience:
- Practical experience in a materials science product role.
- Qualification in Materials Science or relevant subject
- Demonstrable success in defining and launching excellent products.
- Material Research & Testing
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on several tasks or projects concurrently.
- Commercial acumen and an awareness of the business value of work undertaken.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a good knowledge of materials science to develop their career in an exciting industry. In return for your experience, this Yorkshire based company will offer you:
- Competitive basic salary
- The opportunity to work on exciting cutting-edge technology projects.
Interviews for the Product Development Scientist will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible.
For further information on the Product Development Scientist position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.