Competitive Plus Benefits
about 1 month ago
Product Development Engineer (Vehicle Build)
Prototype Build, Design, Development, CAD, Attributes, Fit Out, Accessories, Project, Vehicles
A Product Development Engineer (Vehicle Build) is required with knowledge of vehicle build and fit out, product development, project delivery and hands on problem solving skills to work on new vehicle build programmes. Candidates with experience of leading the integration of new products within vehicle build and fit out projects while sport new product development being hands on in stripping an building the vehicles would be well received.
Due to continued growth this niche supplier of vehicle accessories for retrofit vehicles based in the West Midlands requires a proactive, hands on Product Development Engineer with exposure of vehicle attributes, strip down and rebuild of body systems for a new permanent role. As a Product Development Engineer you will be required to:
- Write and maintain high level design briefs for the top-level product types.
- Project manage the development of all the accessories for all new vehicles as well as the current vehicles.
- Write the design brief for new products in house and externally sourced when appropriate.
- Provide regular status reports of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Ensure all departments are informed about requirements for new product launch.
- Responsible for trial fitting, amending fitments / products and providing feedback to suppliers to ensure the final products are acceptable for our market. Where appropriate this could involve some re-designing of the initial product.
- Ensure that products are economically viable, using warranty data to improve quality.
- Be aware of the current and future demands of the customers.
- Work with the Chief Technician to ensure that technical enquiries from customers are dealt with in a timely manner. Using the information gathered to improve the products or fitting instructions.
- Manage the creation & amending of fitting instructions.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are carried out in line with the Companies Quality Management System.
The Product Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Automotive Engineering background, vehicle fit out to include defence, special vehicles.
- Good comprehension of vehicle standards
- Experience of using hand and power tools in a garage workshop environment.
- Project management Skills and basic CAD design
- Good personal skills working with a range of clients & suppliers are all over the world.
- Team player and good man management skills
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in the vehicle fit out and build allied with product test and development and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Product Development Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.