Our client is one of the UK's largest designer and manufacturer of garden furniture employing over 400 staff.
They are currently seeking a Product Design Engineer to help develop and design new products in line with the company's strategic objectives and new product development process.
They are looking for someone with creativity, technical design and product management skills. You will likely be a recent graduate with some experience in a Product Design or Product Development role and with knowledge of 3D CAD ideally Solid Edge although use of any 3D CAD package would be sufficient as training will be given.
Product Design Engineer Principle responsibilities:
- To stay up to date with current market and design trends and identify product gaps.
- To work across functions and with external bodies to identify new product opportunities in line with the company's strategic objectives.
- To provide conceptual designs and drawings of potential new products - showing creative flair with an understanding of design, functionality and importantly commerciality.
- To coordinate sample product and prototypes in line with new product designs.
- Produce technical drawings and detailed specifications of products and components
- Working with Product Development Manager to generate pro-forma BOM's and product costs in line with target cost/price structure
Product Design Engineer Specific Duties:
- Design and sketches of proposed new products.
- Assist in preparation of prototype builds and assessment of samples and first-off production.
- Technical / Line drawings / 3D renders of approved new products using Solid Edge
- Creating drawings and technical specifications for fixings and fixing pack requirements for new products.
- Establishing BOM's and costings for approved new products.
- Calculating / recording weights of new products.
- Loading new product information onto company systems (Bible/Lego/Symphony)
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Product Design Engineer opportunity.