Product Assurance Quality Inspector - Aerospace - Attractive - Fixed Term 2 Year Contract - Attractive
A Product Assurance Quality Inspector is required to join an innovative Aerospace and Defence company on Permanent basis that specialises in advanced products primarily for the Aerospace industry.
The Product Assurance Quality Inspector will be involved with an effective and efficient process to provide a specialist and support inspection service. The Product Assurance Quality Inspector will assist in the implementation and continual improvement of Process Control by auditing to meet Production and Quality requirements.
The Product Assurance Quality Inspector will be responsible for product assurance activities including inspecting and certifying product in manufacturing and at goods inwards.
Responsibilities of the Product Assurance Quality Inspector
- Operate specialist measuring, test and inspection equipment
- Provide product assurance support services (for which trained)
- Achieve production requirements and to maintain gauging and quality standards
- Carry out Process Control Audits as required
- Work with Supplies, Manufacturing, Assembly and Dispatch
- Ensure Process Control is carried out in conjunction with current quality standards
- Undertake First Article Inspection of Goods/Products
- Adhere to the Quality Procedure (QP) requirements
- Train other team members as required
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement process
- Assist with the Product and Quality Assurance service and production operations
- Comply with company Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Quality Procedures
- Support the operation of Company systems
- Familiar with computer based and document based systems
- Develop and maintain good relationships with all contacts
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute to the team's objectives performance
- Interfacing with people external to the Company as required
Requirements and Experience of the Product Assurance Quality Inspector
- Ideally should have served an engineering apprenticeship
- Familiar with product assurance measuring techniques
- Education to BTEC or City & Guilds advantageous
- An inspection or product assurance background
- Familiarity with Quality Procedures and Standards
- Ability to operate various inspection and test equipment
- Conversant with drawing and other engineering documentation standards
- Demonstrable ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good planning, organisational, analytical, interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills are required
- Must adhere to the Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments
Security Clearance may be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this role then please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment or apply directly. Alternatively, please send suitable MS Word Format CV's directly to this Email for review.