Product Assurance Lead - Satellite Comms
Our client develops software, products and systems inspired by our expertise in satellite communications and network management. In addition, we support both defence and commercial customers in assuring the delivery of secure satcom systems, specifically the quality, safety and reliability of products.
We have an opportunity for a Product Assurance Lead to join and be an integral part of e2E's programme/systems delivery team. The Product Assurance Lead is required to provide support to e2E and its external customers such as UK MoD and commercial satcom operators, in assure high quality and reliability of products and systems delivered highlighting and assessing risks to schedule and cost to achieve the high assurance level.
- To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded through effective product assurance planning
- To ensure that for product or system failures appropriate root cause investigation takes place and that corrective and preventive action is planned, tested and implemented
- To ensure the system design and any associated product manufacturing risk (in terms of quality) is identified, evaluated and mitigated through the demonstration of existing heritage and/or new design validation
- To provide prompt identification and prioritisation of non-conformances in a product, ensuring corrective action at project and management level
- To promote and provide this product assurance capability to existing and potential customers
- To drive improvements in-house in holding risk- based audits and in the supply chain (if appropriate) for e2E products
- Deliver Quality, Product Assurance, Safety and Reliability requirements
- Establish compliance to Product Assurance and Safety requirements for products/systems,
- Generation of Product Assurance and Safety Plans
- Support the Design, Test and Manufacturing Readiness Reviews within a system lifecycle from a Product Assurance perspective
- Support the administration of, co-authorise and close out of waivers and deviations.
- Carry-out FMECA and Reliability/Availability Analysis on systems
- Support external audits as required (product certification bodies and customers)
Skills, Character and Experience
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team
- Proven ability to take full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components
- Track record of developing innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems
- Evidence of being able to work within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation confirming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- At least 2i University degree or equivalent in a maths, science or engineering subject
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out product assurance for communications systems which incorporate hardware, firmware, software and configuration data against product engineering standards
- Experience in developing Product Assurance Plans which cover the complete system lifecycle
- Proven experience of conducting successful product assurance audits on suppliers
- Experience in assuring systems from a cyber-security perspective
- Proven ability to assess Through Life Support offerings from suppliers
- Familiarity with ECSS Product Standards and DEF-STAN standards related to Product Engineering
- Familiarity in maintaining configuration management baselines
- Experience in using product assurance metrics, product quality tools and methodologies
- Proven ability to understand and develop System FMECAs
- An understanding of radio and digital networking communications engineering concepts
- An understanding of Software Assurance Techniques
- Experience in software and firmware development and/or its validation.
- Experience of carrying out system safety studies or security threat analyses
- A willingness to learn to gain domain knowledge through project experience
- Experience of working in space/satellite industry and understanding of satellite radio communications systems and management
- Experience of drafting proposals and leading projects
- Experience in systems engineering to include feasibility studies, system analysis, requirements analysis and traceability and system architectural design and interface definition
if you are interested in this opportunity please apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.