Product Application Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
A Product Development Team Leader is required to support the global sales force and Applications Engineering teams developing bespoke products and modifications for their customers promoting current and new business. Candidates with knowledge of electronics product development and Automotive OEM working practices would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a founder and innovator of sensing and monitoring systems, based in Dartford, requires a proactive Product Application Engineer to support the Engineering Team. As a Product Application Engineer you will be required to:
- Provide exceptional customer service and a proactive approach to both aftermarket and OEM customers
- Develop solutions to applications problems/opportunities
- Manage the bespoke product modification for customers via the supplier base
- Create and obtain approval of manufacturing documents e.g. drawings, BOMs, specifications etc.
- Preparation of application documentation including CAD technical drawings, system schematics, specification and installation instructions and report
- Provide technical information and support in the preparation of quote/tender documentation, business development and initial fittings
- Product application and technical support to customers and colleagues
- Troubleshooting and customer support
- Lead training programs for internal and external customers
- Coordinate suppliers and contractors for bespoke products and applications
- In house assembly/modifications of products
The Product Application Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally HNC qualified, or similar, in electrical/electronics engineering
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of DC circuits, plus understanding of analogue and digital electronics
- Use of Electronic test equipment and tools
- Use of CAD (2D and also electrical schematics)
- Practical experience in a business to business environment
- Able to demonstrate strong coordination skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with customer-facing, providing technical support and telephone trouble shooting experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Dartford based company will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Product Application Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Product Application Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.