We are currently seeking an experienced and effective Buyer/ Procurement Officer to work for a High Tech Manufacturing company based in Berkshire.
This is a role working side by side with the full supply chain, operations and engineering services teams to deliver year on year savings.
- The key part of the role is to map our procurement and tender process to identify opportunities, see this value, and service improvements through to completion.
- The candidate will champion all aspects of World Class Manufacturing within their area of work to deliver on business metrics whilst balancing inventory targets and delivery performance.
- Lead and facilitate problem solving activities to engage cross functional teams in the use of structured WCM practices across the global team facilitate with quality departments to ensure high quality standards are applied with thorough corrective actions implemented
- Purchasing and Inventory Management
- Lead, engage and participate in negotiations with vendor on Price / Lead Time / MOQ / EOQ to ensure the lowest possible price and quality offer
- Build and maintain positive relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Assess whether current raw materials and consumable sourcing are performing well enough to justify costs, if not, identify alternative cost-effective materials.
- Travel & work closely with quality & process teams to carry out supplier audits and build supplier relationships
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience in a comparable role as a Buyer or Procurement officer.
- Recognised degree in a Business, Engineering or Operations field.
- Super/close to super user in Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of lean supply chain management principles, theories and processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using first tier ERP software packages such as JDE/ SAP.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a successful and growing company with opportunities for people who are effective and work hard.
Salary is negotiable + Bonus + Healthcare etc.
If you are interested and meet the criteria then please apply as soon as possible.