An experienced Purchasing Specialist is required to drive global supply chain management, plan and implement strategic initiatives that realise efficiency and operational savings. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace/Defence/IT industry sectors would be well received.
This global company, based in Gloucester requires a dynamic and driven Purchasing Specialist with global strategic procurement experience. As the Purchasing Specialist you will be required to:
- Sourcing and Negotiation
- Supplier identification and development.
- Strategic and Analytical
- Technical buying.
- Supplier auditing.
- Contract management.
- Project and Risk Management.
- Working knowledge of modern MRP systems
The Purchasing Specialist should have the following skills or experience:
- It is essential to the role that applicants must be eligible for security vetting
- Goal/Results driven with strong communication skills
- Personable and a Team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Good planning and organisational skills and Calm under pressure
- Experience of purchasing within Global Engineering or IT industry.
- In depth experience of managing a diverse supplier base in a technology led industry.
- Development of effective pricing strategies.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of introducing and implementing key procurement processes.
- Vendor Benchmarking
- Experience of providing procurement support within an Engineering environment.
- Knowledge of Import/Export regulations an advantage
- Relevant degree in supply chain management or Engineering/Scientific qualification with a Professional certification in Procurement.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with Strategic Procurement knowledge and delivering global improvements. In return this Gloucester based Aerospace/Defence/Security company will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and early finish on Friday’s
- Support for further education
- Competitive salary exchange pension scheme + life assurance
The successful candidate will be required to obtain Security Clearance.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Strategic Global Purchasing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Purchasing Specialist role, please contact Paul Broadhead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.