£40k - 45k per year + pension, 25 days holiday
01384 446 174
Salary Circa £45,000
This business is a niche automotive design and vehicle builder that is currently undergoing a huge period of growth, with the introduction of new product lines and clients and as a result is looking for a Procurement Specialist/Buyer to be responsible for Capex spend, facilities and equipment for assembly start and component buying from global suppliers when production starts.
This is an exciting, new role for a procurement specialist who has ideally worked in automotive OEM or a tier supplier, purchasing a variety of components including plastic injection mouldings, interior trim, wheels, tyres, braking systems and other associated parts for vehicle build.
Key Responsibilities as Buyer will be:
- Using demand data to raise necessary purchase orders to support direct production and aftermarket, focusing, but not exclusively on Leather, Plastic and Exhaust product commodities.
- Ensuring that material ordered are delivered on time and in full, and to the correct quality standards.
- To ensure communication to suppliers is of a consistently high standard.
- Managing Supplier performance
- Analysing inventory and controlling stock levels
- Performing Cost-down activities
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve purchasing procedures and increase efficiency.
- To resolve discrepancy and invoice queries in line with your area of responsibility.
- Ensure all Kpi’s are reported and updated in accordance with requirements.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Must have previous experience of international sourcing and buying for manufactured products.
- A strong understanding and experience with MRP / ERP, ideally Epicor.
- Ability to cope within a fast-paced SME.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of engineering would be ideal.
- A CIPS qualification or working / willingness to work towards would be beneficial.
- Must be computer literate, communicate accurately and effectively.
- From a fast-moving manufacturing environment, ideally automotive OEM or Tier suppliers
- An appreciation of sourcing and purchasing goods from China and the Far East.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.