Competitive Salary with excellent benefits
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
Fast paced manufacturing
Excellent salary and benefits package
Great opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join this global organisation. You will be responsible for ensuring raw materials are purchased in line with company production plans.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Procurement Specialist plays a vital role in supporting the business, and both existing and new business and projects.
Direct Reports One – Procurement Co Ordinator
Development of internal and external relationships
External Relationships Suppliers
• Interface with Supply Chain Manager to plan and prioritise purchasing activity.
• Reviews purchase requisitions and creates relevant purchase orders and manages approval process.
• Maintains and manages raw materials safety stock settings.
• Reviews historical data to maintain material level.
• Liaise with Planning and Customer Services and commercial teams to engage key customer’s reference
• Transmits and prioritises approved purchase orders and supporting documentation to supplier.
• Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares, and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and
provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
• Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates and cost.
• Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
• Monitors suppliers OTIF (On time, in full) and create action plans.
• Close working relationship with Warehouse to manage deliveries, ensure physical space is available.
• Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts, reports non-conformances.
• Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
• Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies and reduce costs.
• Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalisation of raw materials.
• Control inventory level vs budget
It is desirable that the Procurement Specialist has the following skills and abilities:
- Advanced excel skills.
- SAP knowledge advantageous, but full training given.
- Works well in a Team.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and prioritization
- Good communication skills
- Negotiation skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in a procurement role within manufacturing.
- Knowledge and experience of a raw materials procurement role
- Degree of equivalent in supply chain, engineering, or manufacturing module preferable, not essential
- Specific qualification in procurement or willingness to undertake.
- Good level of education with high achievement levels – minimum of NVQ 3 or above
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.