£30k per year + Perm benefits
about 2 months ago
Job title: Project Buyer (Procurement)
Salary Range: £30k
We are currently recruiting a Project Buyer (Procurement) to work for a leading Power & Nuclear company in Wolverhampton.
You will be responsible for the management of suppliers within designated projects. Key member of the integrated team, updating project Procurement plans on cost and delivery, working closely with the Project team to ensure successful project delivery.
You will Identify opportunities, negotiate favourable terms with suppliers and manage through contract lifecycle by representing the Procurement Department in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
Your main duties and responsibilities within this role will be as followed:
- Work with Engineering to mutually agree appropriate available material specifications and confirm that material will be sourced to a reasonable time and cost and highlight where possible the material that can be purchased pre-order to secure delivery.
- Identify critical/safety related long lead items, determine and ensure sufficient early supplier engagement to minimise downstream risks and recommend appropriate sub-contracting strategy with Project Procurement Lead where appropriate.
- Manage subcontractor /supplier contract lifecycle, expediting with regular reviews with the supply chain, updating and reports from the Project Procurement Plan ensuring delivery ‘Right First Time’, in full and to the agreed cost.
- Manages variations and change control with the subcontractor /supplier contracts in line with head contract and in agreement with the Projects and Commercial Manager.
- Work in a team environment with Projects and Quality Department in managing the supply chain, including management/close out of NCR’s.
- Must monitor and review the trending of TQ’s on a bi-weekly basis to verify reduction in TQ’s and report to Project Procurement Lead. Where trend displays an upward move then report on reasoning.
- Part of the Make v Buy Team, analysis of Make v Buy costing data.
- Assess, manage and mitigate subcontractor /supplier risks.
- Regular reporting to the Project Manager on the performance of the subcontractors and/or suppliers.
- Support, challenge and advise all stakeholders ensuring that best commercial outcomes are delivered in line with the Project.
- Work to harness innovation and add value to deliver a strong focus on customer service.
- Monitor procedural controls and adherence to policies with all colleagues in order to deliver compliant service within risk parameters and benchmarking standards for customers.
- Ensure that decisions and recommendations are based on data, benchmarking and relevant consultation.
- Support to tenders as and when required, engaging with Supply Chain through early supplier/partner engagement in a formal tendering process ensuring on time and high quality responses for bid input.
- Work with wider Procurement Team to develop and execute Continuous Improvement Activities (CSIP)
To be successful for this role, the following knowledge and skills are required:
- Minimum of 5 years in a purchasing position managing suppliers
- Either BA Degree qualified and working towards MCIPS qualification or MCIPS qualified
- Experience in NEC3 / NEC4 form of contract ideal
- IT Literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels, internal and external to the organisation
- Understanding of Engineering Drawings and Technical knowledge of Metallurgical properties
- Ability to liaise and co-operate with other departments
- Excellent negotiation skills
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the Procurement buyer role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.