£42.5k per year
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Salary: £42,500 p/a + Profit Share Bonus Scheme + Pension Scheme
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Procurement Manager to work for our client at their facility in Wolverhampton, this is an exciting role reporting to the GM and will be key to leading the company forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and components, covering price delivery and quality targets to ensure the organisations operations can run efficiently.
About the Role:
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- The role will be managing and controlling all the company’s external suppliers, supporting the plants in procurement best practice and managing supplier approval systems with regular review.
- Ensure parts, services and materials are brought at the most competitive price and delivered on time for operations.
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Manage the negotiation and administration of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with supplier relationships, contracts and purchasing.
- Effective liaison with other departments to forecast, plan to meet and to supply demand to relevant quality.
- Liaise with finance to ensure that they are aware of the cash requirements for any major projects, unplanned expenditure or stock purchases.
- To ensure the companies Purchasing Policy is implemented consistently across the organization.
- Consistently work towards achieving supplier accreditation and Service Level management.
- To ensure the control of plant residuals (IBA, APC) including duty of care permits.
- Negotiate the sales value for scrap metal on a regular basis.
- Review and authorize supplier payment proposals.
- Work with finance and undertake accounting evaluation and financial justification including capital V revenue and Capex v end of life.
- Continually monitor and manage the quality of goods and services.
- Control and manage material stores, complete stock takes and monthly reporting in line company timetables.
- Responsible for ensuring value for money in the provision of operational supply chain management and routine purchasing on behalf of the customer base.
- Responsible for evaluating financial and purchasing data to ascertain the most appropriate supply chain route for various categories of commodities for the customer base.
- Be aware of international trading issues and ensure policy and people are compliant.
- Manage any supplier dispute resolution issues.
- Be the main point of contact for IT support in Head office.
- Ensure compliance within company of purchasing policy by carrying out audits.
- Organise company vehicles service, MOT and road tax.
- Manage department and Head office budgets
- The above duties are not exhaustive. The job holder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
- Education to a high standard of education. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Qualified including relevant training and personal development history with experience in operational supply chain management/general purchasing.
- Specialist strategic procurement knowledge acquired through MCIPS and practical tendering experience including experience of stock/materials management systems selection, implementation and management and general purchasing experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a purchasing role.
- Ability to analyse complex information, interpret and/or present in a clear, comprehensive format relevant to the stakeholder.
- Knowledge of implementing change to supply chain management/operational systems.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to disseminate essential and complex information to multidisciplinary groups
- High competency levels in use of Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, word as a minimum)
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
- Operational Supply Chain management experience.
- Experience of managing suppliers/contracts
- Strong leadership skills
- Hands on approach to all tasks.
- Results oriented and confident.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively (Inc. report writing).
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
- Management or Leadership qualification
- Project Management experience.
- Up to date knowledge of EU procurement directives and legislation, contract law and purchasing legislation.
- Experience of Waste and the waste industry.
- Commercial and financial experience.
Working week = 38 hours per week (includes 30 minutes unpaid lunch break) 08:45 – 17:00 M – T and 08:45- 16:15 on Friday
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.