Job title: Procurement Manager
Salary Range: Competitive
An exceptional Procurement Manager is required to negotiate and manage the purchase of 'made to print' mechanical components from UK and International suppliers. Candidates with mechanical commodity management and sub contract management experience would be well received.
This Wimborne based company, requires a detailed and outstanding Procurement Manager who has national and international commodity and sub contract management experience. As the Procurement Manager you will be required to:
- Manage and monitor the end to end supply chain relationship with a specified group of vendors to ensure the best possible quality, cost, delivery and overall supplier reliability.
- Undertake sourcing/selection processes.
- Undertake supplier relationship management tasking for allocated supply base i.e. business reviews, tactical improvement initiatives, supplier development etc
- Review MRP requirements to ensure component deliveries are scheduled in line with production requirements
- Manage the communication of all engineering changes, & schedule changes
- Ownership of all supply master data and procurement elements of plan for every part
- Monitor delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to need.
- Manage the QCD performance of allocated vendors.
- Perform all operations according to appropriate regulations (FAR, DFAR, ITAR, EAR)
As the Procurement Manager you should have the following skills or experience:
- MRP Systems Experience
- Procurement career background
- Sub-contract management and negotiation
- Strong relationship management and personality for managing challenging negotiations.
- Direct/Indirect supervision of buyers
- Aerospace/ Engineering/ Manufacturing/ High Technology business experience
- Mechanical/MTP commodity experience preferred
- Procurement/Supply Chain qualification
- Travel roughly one week in 6 - to UK & Europe suppliers
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge and experience of Procurement Management within an engineering/manufacturing to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Wimborne based company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Career development.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience of Procurement within an Aerospace/Defence environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Procurement Manager role, please contact Paul Broadhead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 155.