£15.23 - 15.23 per hour
about 2 months ago
Title: Procurement Buyer / Planner
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Castle Bromwich
Rate: up to £15.23 per hour LTD rate (which equals c£12 per hour PAYE rate) - INSIDE IR35
Manufacturing & Engineering Technology Centre (METC) requires a Procurement Buyer and Planner Associate to support the manufacturing technologies centre.
The Job role will be supporting the project engineers in the engineering team in ordering the material required for all jobs and scheduling the work through the facility ensuring we meet customer demands; you will be required to talk suppliers ensuring we get the best possible prices
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
- Purchasing support for the manufacturing facility Liaising with customers for delivery timing
- Negotiating with suppliers around cost and delivery
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power apps and advance skills with MS Excel
- UK Driving license
- Must be experienced in a previous purchasing / planning role
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
- The role demands a self-starting individual with a dynamic and flexible mind set.
- Self-motivated, production orientated individuals with effective communication skills.
- Can work under pressure in a demanding role that is key to the success of the department
- Procurement experience
- The ability to work in a team and on their own to achieve their objectives
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.