- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Kate Stevens
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59188
Title: Procurement Buyer
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Castle Bromwich
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: up to £30.00/hr Ltd (£23.14/hr PAYE)
The Procurement Buyer/Planner has the primary responsibility of ensuring material availability to support the production schedule.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing inventory levels, supporting material/product level revisions, interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes.
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times.
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development.
- Manage the inter-company flow or materials between warehouse locations.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers.
- Provide back-up support for supply chain functions including shipping, receiving, material handling and other duties as assigned.
- Setup & maintain material master system planning parameters (MOQ, lead time, safety stocks).
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in a buyer/planner/material scheduler role working for a direct manufacturer.
- Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP, transportation, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines.
- Experience establishing and employing demand-pull material planning methods.
- Proficient with MS Office suite advanced skills with MS Excel.
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail.
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills.
- Able to influence others & manage conflict.
- Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations.
- Extremely high standards of excellence.
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Degree educated.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Interested in the above role?
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.