We are currently seeking a Procurement assistant to work for a small, friendly Automotive engineering company based in Basildon
As a procurement Assistant, you will assist the procurement manager to ensure all purchases are for the correct good/ services and purchased at the best time and quantity. You will also play a key part in managing the relationships with key suppliers and internal teams on a daily basis.
What does your day look like?
- Maintain the supplier database and assist with the supplier performance process
- Ensure supplier compliance is in line with company standards
- Help Management of quotations
- Co-ordination of tender processes and ensures bid compliance
- Identify opportunities to eliminate waste.
- Assist with the development of procurement policies and implementation
- Resolve any delivery issues by liaising with suppliers
- Help with tenders, RFQ's and information requests
What we are looking for:
- Experience within procurement administration, or similar entry level procurement positions
- Experience in an Engineering environment would be very useful.
- Good Excel, Word experience
- Able to meet deadlines and deliver results
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Able to follow a process and suggest improvements
This is a great opportunity with a growing company.
Salary to £22k + Benefits