Process Specialist - Manufacturing
A Process Specialist is required to work for the industry leader in composite materials and industrial fabrics.
The purpose of the role is to provide process support to manufacturing in the specification, commissioning and developing of plant, processes and products to ensure safe and economic operation.
Duties of the Process Specialist:
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce manufacturing costs, improve product quality, along with reviewing the safety requirements.
- Introduce new products to the factory focusing on optimisation of the process.
- Prepare standard data manuals for the preparation and maintenance of manufacturing standards.
- Prepare detailed equipment, acceptance and commissioning specifications for new and modified capital equipment and to validate performance prior to hand-over to Production.
- Develop and maintain Process Specifications and, based on this data, input into training manuals and assist in operator training.
- Compile accurate Bill of Materials and routing data which drive production scheduling and costing forecasts.
- Work with project engineers in the creation of specifications for processes such that new machinery can be designed, purchased and, if required, trialled.
- Drive safety initiatives and carry out risk analysis and quantitative HAZOP studies on processes and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required - Process Specialist.
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry related subject.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Process Specialist in a Manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Proven experience of data analysis and data driven problem solving.
- A clear understanding of process risk and application of risk and hazard assessment tools (e.g. FMEA, HAZOP).