Process Specialist - Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Process Specialist to provide process support to manufacturing in the specification, commissioning and developing of plant, processes and products ensuring safe and economic operation. The client is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors.
Due to an increase in projects and orders, they require a Process Specialist on a permanent staff basis.
As the Process Specialist you will be required to:
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce manufacturing costs, improve product quality, along with reviewing the safety requirements.
- Introduce new products to the factory focusing on optimisation of the process.
- Prepare standard data manuals for the preparation and maintenance of manufacturing standards.
- Prepare detailed equipment, acceptance and commissioning specifications for new and modified capital equipment and to validate performance prior to hand-over to Production.
- Develop and maintain Process Specifications and, based on this data, input into training manuals and assist in operator training.
- Compile accurate BOM and routing data which drive production scheduling and costing forecasts.
- Work with project engineers in the creation of specifications for processes such that new machinery can be designed, purchased and, if required, trialled.
- Drive safety initiatives and carry out risk analysis and quantitative HAZOP studies on processes and equipment.
The Process Specialist should have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or another relevant engineering subject.
- A background working close to the shop floor, supporting day to day production, process reduction or quality improvement.
- A solid understanding of production challenges on a 24/7 basis.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Proven experience of data analysis and data driven problem solving.
- A clear understanding of process risk and application of risk and hazard assessment tools (e.g. FMEA, HAZOP).
The role has an attractive salary and benefits package for an experienced and qualified Process Specialist.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. If you have experience as a Process Specialist and you want to be considered, please apply today.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.