over 1 year ago
As soon as possible
Process Engineer - Graduate
A Process Engineer - Graduate is required to to provide process support to manufacturing and a background in the specification, commissioning and developing of plant, processes and products to ensure safe and economic operation would be well received.
Due to increased workloads, this company, the industry leader in composite materials and industrial fabrics, require a Process Engineer - Graduate. As the Process Engineer, you will be required to:
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce manufacturing costs, improve product quality, along with reviewing the safety requirements.
- Introduce new products to the factory focusing on optimisation of the process.
- Prepare standard data manuals for the preparation and maintenance of manufacturing standards.
- Prepare detailed equipment, acceptance and commissioning specifications for new and modified capital equipment and to validate performance prior to hand-over to Production.
- Develop and maintain Process Specifications and, based on this data, input into training manuals and assist in operator training.
- Compile accurate BOM and routing data which drive production scheduling and costing forecasts.
- Work with project engineers in the creation of specifications for processes such that new machinery can be designed, purchased and tested.
- Drive safety initiatives and carry out risk analysis and quantitative HAZOP studies on processes and equipment.
The Process Engineer - Graduate should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry related subject.
- A background working close to the shop floor, supporting day to day production, process reduction or quality improvement.
- A solid understanding of production challenges on a 24/7 basis.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Proven knowledge of data analysis and data driven problem solving.
- A clear understanding of process risk and application of risk and hazard assessment tools (e.g. FMEA, HAZOP).
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a Process Engineering background to develop your career.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Process Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Process Engineer role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.