Process Technology Specialist
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that new and existing process technologies are developed and improved throughout the process life cycle, for a leading Birmingham based car part manufacturer. You are the expert for special processes/transport system and would be the central partner leading pre-series process development with engineering, planning and the equipment suppliers. On a day to day basis you would be optimising tooling and process technologies to ensure project and series targets are achieved.
The Process Technology Specialist will be:
- Responsible for driving and enabling, innovation and change.
- Influence in he process development, definition and implementation throughout the life cycle.
- Actively seek new innovations, improve existing processes and technologies to ensure existing and future operational KPIs can be met (cost / time and quality).
- Guide process decisions in the early development phase to ensure a robust series implementation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally a Degree in an Engineering Discipline or HNC as a minimum.
- Extensive knowledge of machining techniques and processes, tooling technologies and application, quality control and measurement systems.
- Knowledge of problem resolution techniques (PDCA, Q-Tools, SPC) is also required.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing, ideally high precision component manufacturing
Demand for the Process Specialist will no doubt be high so please apply to this job today, should you have any questions then please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment for more information.