£30k - 38k per year
2 months ago
Job title: NPI Process Simulation Engineer
Salary Range: £30,000 - £38,000 per annum
Hours: 8:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire
Permanent position working for a leading manufacturing organisation within the Automotive, Motorsport, Marine and MOD sector.
An NPI Process Simulation Engineer is required with knowledge of upfront engineering of NPI’s, support on casting simulation, optimise virtual products, cost, quality and time. Process simulation Engineers from castings with Magma simulation and CAD software knowledge will be well received.
Due to a new project launches this client based in Bridgnorth, Shropshire requires a dynamic, leading NPI Process Simulation Engineer on a permanent basis. As an NPI Process Simulation Engineer, you will be required to:
- Support all foundries with setup, running and reporting of Magma simulations.
- Manage work loading of simulation requests to ensure deadlines are met.
- Generate simulation reports for internal and external customers and suggest changes to de-risk NPI’s.
- Support the Gateway 2.5 activity ensuring the casting methods are signed off rigorously and effectively de-risked.
- Support and create the CAD design of pouring and feeding systems where needed.
- Support the Gateway 4 activity to problem solve and sign off integrity for initial samples.
- Manage investigations into previous NPI issues and suggest any improvements that could be implemented.
- Work with internal stakeholders and Magma support partners to develop, Standardize and improve the simulation performance when compared to real world castings.
- Ensure all Magma simulations are logged and recorded for record keeping
- Manage Magma seats to ensure files are stored correctly and backed up.
- Ensure Magma licenses are managed with support partners and are always running.
- Generate relevant paperwork to support the NPI process during the sampling and sign off stage.
The NPI Process Simulation Engineer will have the following skills or experience:
- A recognised formal engineering qualification or demonstrable significant experience in relevant fields
- Competence using Magma software
- An aptitude toward process/mechanical simulation
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office
- Requires the vision and creativity to be able to plan and execute complex simulations needed by the Company.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Simulation using Magma. In return for your experience, this Bridgnorth, Shropshire based manufacturing company will offer you:
- Permanent position
- 40 hour working week
- £30,000 to £38,000 per annum
- Contribution pension
- 33 holidays
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Process Simulation Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Process Simulation Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.