Process Safety Engineer
Manufacturing / Automotive
Duties of the Process Safety Engineer role:
The purpose of the role is to support the development and implementation of the Process Safety Management strategy for the refinery and chemicals business. As part of the core technical team ensuring focus and delivery of all activities on process safety.
- Implement strategy for company sites around process safety management.
- Maintain a 'Technical Authority' register of all process safety for company sites maintaining competency.
- Devise and implement engineering standards incorporating best practice.
- Play a key role in the annual audit program by checking the understanding of process related risks, basis of safety and planned maintenance for safety critical devices.
- Support a program of training for process safety and delivering training when required.
Skills and experience required - Process Safety Engineer.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual who is looking for a career path with progression.
- Degree qualified in a Chemical or Mechanical Engineering subject.
- Demonstrated experience working in a process chemical environment or similar.
- Good understanding of EHS legislation, codes of practice and standards.
- Good knowledge and understanding of pressure relief philosophy and pressure release calculations.
- Good knowledge and understanding of PUWER, DSEAR and ATEX.