about 2 months ago
Process Safety Engineer
Permanent position - Hertfordshire, Enfield, Brimsdown.
Salary negotiable + excellent benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Process Safety Engineer to support the development and implementation of the Process Safety Management strategy.
As part of a core technical team the Process Safety Engineer will ensure focus and delivery of all activities regarding process safety whilst driving process safety risk reduction on site.
Due to an expansion of the Process Safety department and an increase in high-profile projects, a Process Safety Engineer is required as soon as possible.
As the Process Safety Engineer, you will be required to:
- Drive the company's UK strategy to ensure compliance with Control Of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) regulations and with local process safety legislations, internal process safety policies, procedures and programs.
- Lead the development of process safety related standards, information and procedures, assure coordination with the EHS, engineering, technical and operations areas.
- Provide expertise on process safety risk assessment and risk management processes, methods, and standards; leading process safety risk assessment across the site, coaching others in risk management methodology and ensuring process safety compliance to JM policies.
- Maintain a technical authority register for Process Safety for each site. Maintain competency against Process Safety in line with the business.
- Coordinate or carry out the delivery of process safety training for operators and other managers.
- Ensure the sites process hazards analysis (PHA's) are completed on time and the PHA actions are managed and reviewed accordingly.
- Implementation of a compliance and corrective action plan for DSEAR / ATEX compliance and produce KPIs for the EHS steering committee.
- Support and facilitate Management of Change (MoC) assessments and ensure appropriate process hazard analysis methodologies are used based on scope of work.
- Provide process safety input into capital projects and ensure compliance with company policies and other relevant national/international/regulatory standards.
- Provide early warning and planning guidance to businesses and site leadership regarding compliance and implications.
- Participate in process safety incident investigations and provide support for plant operations if necessary.
The Process Safety Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A technical Engineering Degree - Mechanical or Chemical is essential.
- Experience of working in a Process environment - ideally chemical, pharmaceuticals or composite materials.
- A good understanding of DSEAR and ATEX.
- Detailed working knowledge of PSM compliance including conducting of PHAs/HAZOP, mechanical integrity, operating procedure, emergency response, facility siting, management of change, process/equipment design, safety interlock and alarm strategies, contractor management, and application of LOPA.
This role has an attractive salary and benefits package for an experienced and suitably qualified Process Safety Engineer.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Process Safety Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.