Process Quality Engineer - West Midlands - Aerospace - Permanent - Competitive Salary
A Process Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and Statistical Methods. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace Industry would be well received but other industries will also be considered.
Due to the continued growth and success of this company, a globally recognised manufacturer of complex aerospace components and systems based in the West Midlands requires a meticulous and proactive Process Quality Engineer for a new permanent role. As the Process Quality Engineer, you will be required to:
- Establish reduced inspection levels based upon process capability studies.
- Utilise statistical methods for optimising the costs of inspection through effective inspection planning, minimising costs related to scrap, rework, and failure.
- Support a comprehensive Statistical Quality Control Program by evaluating processes to eliminate variation.
- Provide technical expertise to SPC operators, reviewing engineering drawings or instruction for inspectabililty /produce ability in a concurrent engineering environment.
- Provide in depth technical assistance to Manufacturing, Engineering, and Purchasing with respect to inspection, statistical quality control and drawing interpretation
The Process Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical, Statistical Methods or relevant subject or relevant experience.
- Must have applied statistical methods, including experience within a quality engineering environment.
- The incumbent must be a proficient user of various statistical, spreadsheet, word processing and database software packages.
- Operated in the quality function within a manufacturing environment.
- Good communication skills for the interface between departments, suppliers and customer
- Trail solutions to establish best way forward (strategy and measurement criteria)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Statistical Methods to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Wolverhampton based Aerospace company will offer you:
- 33 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension up to 16% total contribution (service length applicable)
- Private Healthcare
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible Benefits programme
- Sick Pay scheme
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Lean six sigma and statistical analysis and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Process Quality Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.