£24k per year
2 months ago
Job title: Process Machine Setter
Salary Range: £24,000 per annum plus overtime paid at a premium
Hours: 42 hour week
6am-6pm/6pm-6am rotational shift pattern
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Working for a leading FMCG organisation.
A Process Machine setter is required with knowledge of machine setting within a FMCG production manufacturing environment producing products for well-known household brands.
Candidates that have worked in a production environment, worked to targets and have experience with machine setting/operating would be well received.
Due to workload and investment this manufacturer based in Telford, Shropshire requires a an experienced, dynamic, leading machine setter to undergo contract to hire or straight permanent role. As a process machine setter you will be required to:
- Set up and operate the machinery effectively and efficiently
- Tool changes up to 3 -4 times per shift
- Check and cross reference job specifications to materials run
- Assist with any maintenance needs in the department ensuring the plant and machinery is in safe working order and running efficiently at all times
- Always work within the Health & Safety guidelines and report immediately any issues
- Ensure stock levels are maintained to ensure continuous running of machines
- Ensure that all Quality Control procedures are adhered to whilst identifying any non-conforming goods.
- Maintaining good house-keeping standards across department
- Liaise with Management on a regular basis ensuring good communication throughout factory
- Monitor production, quality, yield and waste at regular intervals to ensure optimum production figures are achieved.
- Setup of dies and controlling of mixtures for the correct product.
- Assist and support other members of team
The Process Machine setter should have the following skills or experience:
- Setting and operating machines
- Experience with tools and reel changes
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Must be computer literate
- Be physically fit, able to lift up to 25kgs
- Someone who is driven and determined to progress
- Able to work a days and nights shift rotation
- Committed attitude to Continuous Improvement activities such as 5s etc
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of machine setting within a high-volume manufacturing business. In return for your experience, this Telford, Shropshire manufacturer will offer you:
- Permanent position
- Between £24,000 per overtime paid at a premium
- 42 hours per week
- 28 days holiday
- Good Pension contribution
- Other company benefits
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of machine setting within a high-volume manufacturing business. If you have any questions about the Process Machine setter role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.