Process Improvement Engineer - Birmingham
We are looking for a Process Improvement Engineer to work for an Aerospace Supply company based in Birmingham, who are part of a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. The group serves the aerospace, power and general industrial markets.
The Process Improvement Engineer will deliver performance improvement across both manufacturing processes and business performance. They will Leading the operational continuous improvement initiatives that are designed to eliminate non-value added activities and improve performance in the five focus areas of Operational Excellence; Safety, Service, Quality, Cost, People.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive operational excellence.
- Increase throughput and capacity across the plant.
- Improve quality and "Right First Time" pass rate.
- Improve yield.
- Develop cost saving activities.
- Develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes and methods of manufacture.
- Conduct process mapping & value stream mapping (VSM) activities to identify waste to then reduce them.
- Responsible for defining & deploying routine Operator Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Acting as a coach and mentor on continuous improvement tools and techniques.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a similar environment.
- A demonstrable track record of successfully implementing process improvements within a modern manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of Lean manufacturing principles and methodologies such as Kaizen/Kanban/VSM/JIT/SMED/POKA YOKE/OEE/TPM/5S/FMEA.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/DMAIC would be advantageous.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
* Salary: - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for a manufacturing professional to join a world leading aerospace corporation, offering excellent training, ongoing career development and excellent prospects for career advancement.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192.