A Process Engineer is required to join and Innovative materials manufacturing facility on a Permanent Basis and the successful Process Engineer will report to a Lead Engineer. The company are leaders in their field and are involved in energy, transport, healthcare, electronics, security and defence, petrochemical and industrial sectors.
The Process Engineer is an integral part of the Engineering team and will help deliver solutions and projects to clients whilst contributing to the overall site performance.
Responsibilities and Experience Required of the Process Engineer
- Increase manufacturing productivity by an agreed amount per annum
- Develop processes that will be in line with the business’s strategic ambitions
- Liaise with supplier representatives to ensure latest technology and consumables
- Drive process and quality efficiency
- Lead / attend engineering / technical review meetings
- Present work status and provide feedback as required
- Help build a culture of continuous improvement on the shop floor
- Work with and develop the skills of equipment setters and operators
- Responsible for NPI, the procurement of production equipment and ancillaries
- Manage first off production trials with the operations and quality teams
- Support the production teams on daily issues ensuring plant/processes remain operational
Qualifications & Requirements of the Process Engineer
- Experience within a production environment in a Process Engineering role
- Experience with lean manufacturing tools and techniques
- Experience with value stream mapping, 6S, KanBan and Kaizen
- Experience in project delivery and problem solving
- Experience in Process Engineering in an ISO 9001 environment
- Experience of operating within a strong H&S Culture
- Experience utilising quality tools and advanced product quality planning techniques
- Experienced with FMEA, SPC, Capability studies, 8D, Lean Sigma & Control Plans
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment will an advantage
Security Clearance may be required due to the nature of the Products being Manufactured
If you are interested in this Process Engineer position, then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line 01384 446102.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.