£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Process Engineer (Die Casting)
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Process, Engineer, Die Casting, Tooling, Systems, Manufacturing, Planning, Problem Solving, Improvements, Tool Change & Management
A Process Engineer is required with knowledge of managing and developing processes within a die casting environment looking at process improvements, tooling, tool changes, tool management and waste elimination to support manufacturing operations.
As a Process Engineer you will be required to:
- Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant.
- Actively present on the shop floor
- Provide Technical lead on Die Casting process related items
- Instigate correct casting defect diagnosis and identify the KPIV and influence them accordingly
- Daily dialogue with the Production Team to ensure the Die Casting processes meet the
delivery objectives (provide Tier 3 daily meeting representation)
- Developing & maintaining process documentation
- Controlling PFMEA documentation and actioning recommendations through score reduction projects
- Develop and implement process improvement strategies through OEE improvements Cost Avoidance projects
- Lead CI improvement activities within the Upstream processes
- Investigate, troubleshoot & resolve – root cause analysis
- Offer guidance to others in the business unit through effective communication, leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- Playing a key role in the implementation of new product through design input, launches/burst builds/tool trials
- Forge sound working relationships with suppliers to allow the client to remain at the forefront of HPDC technological advancement.
Education / Skills / Experience
- Processes expert within Die Casting
- Effective communication and relationship building skills
- Creation of Standard Work Instructions (SWI)
- Continuous Improvement Activities and POKE YOKE (error proofing)
- Understanding of control systems and parameter management
- Knowledge of the impact tooling design has on the Die Casting Process
- Understanding of VSM, SMED, APQP and PPAP
- Process change management experience
- Metallurgy experience – understanding the impact of alloying elements within aluminium
- Leadership skills mentor and coach team members
- Lean manufacturing / OEE
- Methodical DOE approach
- HPDC KPIV identification skills
- Root cause analysis/ 8D
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of die casting who has exposure to new product launch, process improvement, manufacturing systems and waste elimination seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Shropshire based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Relocation assistance provided and sponsorship for individuals with extensive die casting experience
- Excellent opportunity to work with a world class organisation were you can progress and develop your career
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Process Engineering within a die casting environment, have supported new product launch and process improvement initiatives and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Process Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.