Process Engineer (CNC/Finishing)
£35,000pa - £38,000pa
We are recruiting a Process Engineer with a strong technical understanding of machining processes with volume manufacturing, to include CNC Honing, Grinding, Finishing processes, for a leading car manufacturer based in Birmingham who are seeking a technical specialist in finishing process to provide an in-depth knowledge of these processes to ensure existing processes are developed and continuously improved.
As Process Engineer:
- In this role you will ensure that new and existing process technologies are developed and improved throughout the process life cycle.
- Further to this, part of your role will be to investigate, plan and implement new technologies and improvements.
- As the expert for special processes you will also be the central partner for pre-series process development with engineering, planning and equipment suppliers.
- Being project and target focused you will optimise tooling and process technologies to ensure project and series targets are achieved.
- Play a critical role in scrap reduction - reduce costs and improve throughput.
- Drive and champion tooling and process improvements across the line.
- Support overall Quality and capability improvements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in an Engineering discipline is desirable.
- HNC in an Engineering discipline is required.
- In depth knowledge of machining techniques and processes, tooling technologies and application, quality control and measurement systems.
- Specialist Knowledge of the following machining processes (CNC Machining Honing, Robotic wash processes and High-volume Assembly) is a key requirement of this role.
- Knowledge of problem resolution techniques (PDCA, Q-Tools, SPC) is also required.
- Use of the systems to analyse and establish bottlenecks and develop methods to overcome them.
- Understand and use of Quality tools and techniques to establish root cause and ensure product Quality is maintained and improved.
In return for your skill set you will receive a competitive salary and enjoy an exceptional range of benefits including immediate opportunity to purchase/lease a vehicle at a special reduced rate, the ability to progress and shape your career across, pension scheme, generous holiday allowance, work-life balance and family-friendly policies, subsidised canteen, ample on-site parking and of course you'll be working for the world's leading manufacturer of premium cars and motorcycles.
If you have the ability to drive change and innovation through excellent process technology knowledge and can communicate effectively in order to influence and engage stakeholders then apply now, or if you have any questions then please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment Ltd for more information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.