Process Control Engineer
Up to £30.00 per hour LTD or Umbrella
A Process Control Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery.
The role involves assistance & leadership to our clients non-core supply base in the execution of
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), the implementation of process control and the deployment of a continuous quality improvement process. To ensure that suppliers are able to meet corporate and business unit supplier performance requirements. Deliver Global Leverage with Local Service Excellence.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to work with suppliers to ensure that robust process controls are in place to prevent nonconformities, to continuously monitor supplier's key manufacturing processes and quality management system for improvement opportunities and to assist suppliers with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities to ensure production readiness for New Product Introduction (NPI).
The Process Control Engineer will be responsible for the supplier's processes from design concept to the end of product life (cradle to grave).
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) preferably in engineering.
- Engineering or manufacturing background plus familiarity with manufacturing processes used to produce components and assemblies.
- Knowledge of shop operations.
- Knowledge of APQP. FMEA, Gage R&R, Continuous improvement and PCP.
- Good interpersonal communication, analytical, leadership and project management skills to develop a cooperative working relationships.
- Quality engineering certification.
- Capable of using and demonstrating statistical and problem solving tools.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of quality initiatives.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.