Process Engineer - Central Birmingham - Manufacturing - £30,000 to £40,000
As the Process Engineer for this family business with a global supply capability, this role has significant opportunity. The business is now situated in a new manufacturing and assembly facility just outside the city centre. It produces specialist material handling equipment and systems from a basis of machining, pressings and assembly operations.
As the Process Engineer your responsibilities will include;
- Standardise processes across the business and help to implement a right-first time methodology and quality first culture.
- Develop and ensure the business works to a lean and continuous improvement methodology, identifying and correcting opportunities to reduce bottle necks and improve productivity.
- Solve and eliminate double handling.
- Generate new process flows, review and improve.
- Improve factory layout and manage all changes and improvement programmes including new equipment and machinery.
As the Process Engineer you will require the following skills & experiences;
- Continuous Improvement background is essential - proven track record of completed projects in a manufacturing environment
- Kaizen, SMED, 6Sigma, 5S Knowledge.
- CNC machining and small to medium batch manufacturing environment understanding.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
- Six Sigma Green Belt (Desirable).
- NEBOSH (Desirable).
If you are interested in this exciting new Process Engineer opportunity and have strong continuous improvement background please click on the link to apply.