Food Manufacturing Operations - East London
The company is a high-profile and respected brand in the food manufacturing industry. The purpose of the Process Engineer role is to support the optimisation and technical improvement of refinery operations. Responsibility will be given to identify and manage medium sized projects.
The main duties of the Process Engineer role:
- Assist in managing the technical and plant related aspects of safety, hygiene, environment and quality consistent with company procedures to achieve continuous improvement and meet legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Development of systems to measure key plant technical performance and output quality standards.
- Provide guidance to the Shift and Area Technical Manager on the most appropriate method of resolving specific process issues.
- Identify non-optimal plant operation (including energy & utilities) and work with necessary departments to improve process operations.
- Develop systems to monitor plant performance.
- Identify projects to enhance safety, de-bottleneck and improve technical performance and reduce costs.
- Update and develop key documentation including process models, P&ID's and line lists for area of responsibility.
Required skills and experience: Process Engineer
- A demonstrated career history working in food processing or related manufacturing operations.
- Educated to Degree level in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Knowledge of safety management systems such as risk assessments, safety auditing and permits to work etc.
- An understanding of quality management systems such as ISO 9002 and HACCP.
- A good technical understanding of process flows and unit operations.
- Some knowledge of automatic control systems.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary. Alternatively, please call Justin Wainwright directly on 01268 889267